We act responsibly and long-term. We are constantly working to improve our sustainability and take this into account in the decisions we make in our business. This is based on the environmental aspect, the social and our own economic sustainability. We want ourselves and our guests to make as little impact on the environment as possible.
When you see this logo on the facility, you have the opportunity to help and learn a little more about how we at Ragnerud work with sustainability.
What is sustainability?
Many people think primarily of climate and the environment when they hear the term sustainability.
But sustainability includes three aspects that you need to take into account in all decisions and in any development projects
- CLIMATE & ENVIRONMENTAL
These things form the basis for everything else and can be said to be our life insurance. It is a matter of doing business in such a way that we can retain functioning ecosystem services that provide us with clean air, clean water, filtering of UV rays, insects that pollinate the plants and so on.
The human dimension. How does your business affect yourself and everyone around you? It is a matter of employee well-being among other things, but also a matter of everyone having access to Earth's resources in a fair and equal fashion. To respect human rights.
The economical dimension – live on nature's dividends, don't consume its capital. It is a matter of planning for the long term and not focusing on maximum income in the short term. How does your business combat poverty and stay within the limits of the ecological framework?
How we work with sustainability
- We sort at source at our facility
- We sort all our rubbish at source
- We use a lot of locally produced ingredients and products
- Our cabins are built with wood from the local area
- We compost or donate leftovers from the restaurant, café and kiosk
- We employ many young people and give them broad professional experience
- We train our staff on a variety of issues
- We have a large playground that is open to everyone, helping both local children and guests to stay active
- We contribute financially to various organisations and foundations
- We charge for electricity consumption at our campsites, which motivates guests to reduce their consumption
- We send our invoices electronically
- We provide a clear structure for our staff to give them security at work
- We turn off the heat in all premises that are not in use
- We are strongly committed to our local community, to preserve it for the future
- Our facility has employed 3 generations and looks forward to continuing in this way
- We have a mobile phone ban on our playground, to help the whole family stay active
- We rely heavily on online booking to reduce administrative workloads
- We reduce the consumption of hot water at the facility through the use of hot water buttons and payment terminals in showers
- We make environmentally conscious choices for disposable products
- We try to preserve the nature around us as it is
- We replace plastic products
- We invest a lot in the spring and autumn seasons, to have a more even flow of guests throughout the year
- If we extend the season, we can hire more people
- We rent hiking equipment to reduce overconsumption